This straightforward recipe from OC4 coach Jen Widerstrom encompasses a savory, satisfying, meaty mixture of mushrooms and lean beef. Omit the cheese, if you happen to’re dairy-free.
Spicy Stuffed Peppers
- three medium bell peppers (any colour) 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 half tsp salt, plus extra to style
- 1/four teaspoon black pepper, plus extra to style half cup shredded carrot
- eight ounces cremini mushrooms, stems eliminated, chopped 1 pound Laura’s Lean Beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1/four tsp oregano
- 1/four tsp smoked paprika
- half tsp purple pepper flakes, plus extra to style 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (28–ounce) can crushed tomatoes half cup cooked brown rice
- 1 giant handful of roughly chopped contemporary spinach 2 tbsp chopped contemporary basil
- Juice of half lemon
- half cup shredded mozzarella cheese (non-obligatory) three/four cup hen inventory
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put together the bell peppers by reducing them in half by way of the stem and eradicating the core. Place in a big baking dish, minimize facet up, and put aside.
- Warmth the oil in a big pan over medium-high warmth. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and black pepper, and prepare dinner for five to 7 minutes. Add the carrot and mushrooms and prepare dinner for one more 2 to three minutes, or till the greens are tender.
- Add the turkey, the 1 half tsp salt, the 1/four tbsp black pepper, the garlic powder, oregano, paprika, and the ½ tsp purple pepper flakes, and break up the meat whereas incorporating all of the spices. Cook dinner for five to 7 minutes, till the meat is not pink.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to mix. Add the crushed tomatoes and let the combination simmer over low warmth for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often. Alter the seasonings, including extra salt, black pepper, or purple pepper flakes to style. Add the rice, spinach, and basil and stir to mix. Take away from the warmth and add the lemon juice.
- Spoon the turkey-veggies combination into the halved bell peppers till good and full. Prime every pepper with just a little little bit of cheese (if utilizing). Pour the inventory into the underside of the baking dish and canopy the dish calmly with foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, till the peppers are simply tender.
- Take away from the oven and discard the foil. Switch to a plate and serve.
Now in its fourth 12 months, The Oxygen Problem four has helped hundreds of members everywhere in the world rework their our bodies and their lives. This summer season, we’re bringing you two of tv’s most celebrated consultants: Jen Widerstrom of NBC’s The Largest Loser and Karina Smirnoff of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars!
So what are you ready for? Begin reworking your life and physique now.
Be a part of the problem right now!