These tremendous flavorful Spicy Chickpea Quinoa Bowls are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and excellent in your weekly meal prep! Simple to assemble and even simpler to make!
All I’ve to say about this dish is one phrase….FLAVOR!!
I’ve really had this spicy chickpea quinoa bowl recipe on the weblog for a number of years now, however I wished to share some recent new photographs and present simply how EASY these are to meal prep. That is actually one in every of my favourite go-to recipes and is excellent for weekly lunches as a result of not solely are you able to whip this up in 20 minutes, but it surely’s an ideal wholesome possibility too! I severely can’t stress sufficient the quantity of taste in these chickpeas…sautéed onion and garlic blended with tomatoes, cumin and pink pepper flakes all simmered collectively and topped with recent cilantro. Let’s simply say you positively received’t thoughts the scent coming out of your kitchen
Are you hungry but??
I prefer to serve the chickpeas over some cooked quinoa then simply prime with further cilantro. Mmmm so good. I really like cooking the quinoa in veggie or rooster broth as a result of it actually provides a lot further taste, however in case you don’t have any broth readily available you would in fact simply use water.
This recipe is nice for meal prep as a result of though it’s a meatless dish, this can be very filling! The entire meal comes collectively actually rapidly as a result of whereas the quinoa is cooking on the range you may simply simmer the chickpeas. They’ll each be finished in roughly the identical quantity (solely 15 to 20 minutes!) and yup that’s it! In the event you’re not a fan of quinoa, be happy to make use of brown rice or throw the chickpeas over a salad which is one other approach I like to eat this You actually can’t go fallacious.
I additionally need to observe that these bowls reheat tremendous nicely. Actually, in my view, they really style higher the subsequent day after all of the flavors have marinated collectively in a single day. I really like making lunches which are full of good sources of protein and fiber. Another choice is to easily throw the chickpeas in your dinner desk for a scrumptious aspect dish or throw a fried egg on prime and luxuriate in this bowl for breakfast! Like I stated, this recipe is wholesome, scrumptious and better of all, extraordinarily straightforward to make
Comfortable Meatless Monday! Hope you all get pleasure from these spicy chickpea quinoa bowls!
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- three cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. pink pepper flakes (or extra in case you like lots of warmth!)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Contemporary cilantro, garnish (non-compulsory)
- To make quinoa, rinse and soak for about 10 minutes in heat water. Deliver 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil in a small saucepan, drain quinoa and add to boiling broth. Cowl and cut back warmth to a simmer, cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes. Flip off warmth and permit quinoa to take a seat for five minutes, then fluff with a fork; put aside.
- In a big skillet over medium-high warmth, drizzle olive oil and sauté onion and garlic till aromatic, about three minutes. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and the remainder of the components (minus the cilantro), stirring to mix.
- Cowl the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- To assemble the bowls, place ½ cup quinoa in every bowl and prime with a heaping ½ cup of the chickpea combination. Prime with a little bit cilantro and luxuriate in!