This Candy Potato & Black Bean Quinoa Bake is wholesome and scrumptious with all of your favourite Mexican flavors simply baked collectively in a single casserole dish! This recipe can also be gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and nice for meal prep!
Cinco de Mayo is true across the nook so why not throw all of your favourite Mexican flavors collectively into one wholesome casserole!
I’m ALL about fast and straightforward recipes, particularly in the course of the busy work week, and it actually doesn’t get a lot simpler (or tastier!) than this Candy Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Bake! I imply you actually simply dump all your substances into one single dish and throw it within the oven. It’s that simple! A satisfyingly wholesome meal that’s tremendous filling and full of fiber and protein regardless of being a meatless dish.
A few times every week I actually wish to eat all plant-based meals which makes this recipe good for our household and in addition offers us scrumptious leftovers for our meal prep! Generally I’ll add rooster or beef together with this casserole, but it surely actually is tremendous scrumptious all by itself or over a salad with some sliced avocado
The quinoa on this recipe cooks actually simply within the baking dish together with the remainder of the substances, zero range high cooking required! A scrumptious mixture of candy potatoes, black beans, and corn together with seasonings like chili powder, cumin, thyme and garlic. In case you’re not a fan of quinoa, brown rice would make an excellent substitute!
I actually love this straightforward casserole as a result of not solely does it make a filling weeknight meal all by itself, however this additionally makes an excellent facet dish too. In case you aren’t vegan or dairy-free, be happy to throw in some shredded rooster, floor beef or turkey together with some shredded cheese or you can even serve this up on taco evening. The leftovers certain make a scrumptious breakfast too! Simply add a fried egg and a few avocado
Personally I discovered that chopping the candy potatoes into smaller cubes made this recipe work greatest as this makes the potatoes tremendous tender whereas cooking. The best method to do that was to slice the candy potatoes into “fries” then chop them into cubes, a couple of half of inch every.
One other tip is to bake this dish lined for the primary 45 minutes then end off baking uncovered in order that the liquid can actually get absorbed whereas additionally giving the potatoes a pleasant shade. I additionally allowed the casserole to take a seat for an extra 5 minutes as soon as I pulled it out of the oven in order that any of the remaining liquid might be soaked up with the remainder of the dish. I used to be initially nervous after I pulled out the casserole that it nonetheless appeared a bit “liquidy,” however that immediately went away and tasted good after sitting for a couple of minutes earlier than serving!
As soon as every thing is cooked, I merely simply sprinkled with some chopped inexperienced onions and it was able to serve! That is positively a type of dishes you’ll be able to simply make to your liking too, be happy to substitute different veggies that you simply desire akin to chopped bell peppers, zucchini or squash, you’ll be able to change up the seasonings and, as I mentioned earlier than, this may additionally style scrumptious topped with some shredded cheese!
I actually hope you all take pleasure in this candy potato and black bean quinoa casserole as a lot as we did and when you DO find yourself making this for you and your loved ones, don’t overlook to share your scrumptious images on Instagram or Twitter and hashtag #eatyourselfskinnyrecipe in order that I can see what you all are consuming! Have an excellent Cinco de Mayo this week!
- four cups candy potatoes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup raw quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ cup inexperienced onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
- Mix all substances, aside from the inexperienced onions, in a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and bake, lined with tin foil, for 45 minutes.
- Take away tin foil and proceed baking for an extra 15 to 20 minutes till liquid is generally absorbed and the potatoes are tender.
- Take away from oven and let the casserole sit for five minutes in order that any remaining liquid will be totally absorbed and sprinkle with inexperienced onions. Serve and revel in!
- NOTE: If it appears like there may be nonetheless some liquid within the casserole after baking for an hour, it is okay! I used to be initially nervous after I pulled out the casserole that it nonetheless appeared a bit “liquidy,” however that immediately went away and absorbed completely after sitting out for a couple of minutes proper earlier than serving!